Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Artwork from Chloe...


I love to get fun mail... but yesterday I got some AWESOME mail from my Niece Chloe... It was a picture she did with some new oil pastels she got for her birthday.
I was so surprised!!

It was touching that she would send it to me, I know when do something creative it is very hard to let go of it... especially when you spend so much time on it, you become attached.

Beyond the love I feel just receiving it. I really loved the picture itself... it seemed to bring together a theme of so many things that fit into my life right now.

With all the patriotism we have had in our home lately, I have felt very powerful feelings when I see our Country's Flag and that in itself makes me tear up. But it represents so much power and strength to me.

On the other end of that spectrum, I often reflect on my role in our home to bring the gift that I have as a woman, the compassion, the soft gentle kindness, and femininity, that I think is very important to teach my son. So that when he has a mate some day, he will learn to appreciate her nature as a woman and the role that she holds in the family. Not an easy task in a home filled with boys, but so very important to me anyway... the table cloth in her picture with the delicate lace and embroidered flowers on the corner, represent this entire idea to me.

Something we have been very slack on is eating together for meals at the table. We had fallen into eating in front of the TV, and so often we don't watch the same things, so we would find ourselves divided in our home eating in every room except the dining room and not together. So we have made a conscience effort to eat together. It brings such unity, even to our small little family, it gives us time to share our day... laugh at our selves, and open to each others trials, sorrows, and accomplishments, and most importantly pray together. The pallet that this picture is all designed around, "the table", helps me to remember to keep my family at my highest priority by doing simple things like eating together.

I really don't mean to sound too sappy, but I wanted Chloe to know how truly inspired I thought this artwork was, and that she chose this one to send to me!!

I can't wait to get it into a frame and hang in my dining room, to help me remember these principles when I become frustrated with my shortcomings. To reflect upon those things that make us Strong, and Compassionate, and Unite us as a family.

Thank You, Chloe! I love the Art, what a special gift from your heart!!

3 comments:

PaD said...

What a lovely piece for your dining room. When you get it hung would you post a photo of it. You are lucky to get such a beautiful piece. The table cloth with the added embroidery flowers seem so homey as well as beautifully done.

patsy said...

Beth~ so glad you like it. I knew you would. Chloe was so delighted when you called this morning. She is going to be thrilled to read this post!

Beth said...

Great Idea... I already have it hanging, I'll get a picture posted.

Related Posts with Thumbnails