Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

End of the Season Harvest...



Our neighbor brought over a big bucket of tomatos (didn't get a pic of the tomatoes... darn, they were really pretty) for hubby helping him with his pump the other day... I was able to add them to some from my bff and can some Spaghetti Sauce. Since I didn't have any tomatoes on my little plants this year, I was afraid I wouldn't get any before the end of the season.

But, LA LA!!!!... I have a few jars to put away! I was so excited. I split the batch with my bff since she gave me so many tomatos and let us do it at her house and mess up her kitchen... but we were responsible for our own pressure cooker canning part of the process. She has been canning all season and has a couple of shelves full of spaghetti sauce, but informed me this morning that she forgot to turn the burner off on this batch, and blew up a bottle in her canner and ruined the entire batch. I was sooooo sad!

I am so grateful for learning the art from my hubbies Mom... she taught me so much when we first moved here. I knew nothing, and now I am doing it on my own! It is one of the most rewarding things I have ever done! I love putting these on the shelf, it is a great source of satisfaction for me.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

If you ever need any tomatos let me know.. we literally have hundreds of them and are just going to go to waste. I wish I knew how to can for that reason.

Beth said...

I would love to have any that you can't use! Very cool!

Beth

Related Posts with Thumbnails