Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

And they lived happily ever after...

I haven't blogged for a few days, but I am back... I was really deep in reflection and it either seemed too precious to try and put into my simple blogging terms to do any justice, or I was overwhelmed.

I underwent much reflection over the weekend watching General Conference, listening to the words from General Authorities each session for two days so intently with my family than we have ever done before. We had snacks to sustain us, and we watched in our PJ's and blankets. It couldn't get much better than that (no! I didn't eat this stuff it was for the boys to keep them from wandering).


Then I read my sisters blog and was so moved by the fall pictures, reflecting on my love for the Savior, and all of the many blessings in my life! Reflecting on the love I have for my family, they are all over, they have many trials going on in their lives, but they also are blessed with HIS love.

I was also very moved by the picture of "the boys" my brother and my nephew and their dog... you know I have a soft spot in my heart for boys! It seems pretty normal to most families to pray together, but in our prayers everyday we thank God for being together as a family, there was a time when we were not... it was hard, it was very trying, we made it through, but not one of us has forgotten how it felt, and try not to take for granted that we are together as a family.

My next really deep reflection is prompted by the date... today is our 3rd anniversary of our Temple Marriage.


I can finally take the time to explain one of my side bar comments about having 3 Anniversaries.... (by the way, I'm thinking I need just one more, so I can try and have at least one wedding day picture with a good hair day... yikes!)

Most of you know our story, so I will try and keep it simple...

Our first wedding was at Lake Tahoe, NV June 14, 1992.
It was mid June, sunny, warm and beautiful, and did I mention the middle of June... and we were going to be married outside on a cliff overlooking Lake Tahoe, only to wake up to SNOW on the ground, yes in the middle of June in California! Plus a disheartening message from the minister that it was too dangerous to get married outside since it was so slippery outside. We moved forward past all of the little setbacks and it was a glorious happy day for us! My sister and brother in law were there to celebrate with us.

After 8 years we suffered a 3 year divorce... then we were reunited and re-married August 30, 2003 in Caldwell Idaho, a much warmer day, one might even say really hot outside... and this time, no snow! We had lots of family with us and were married by our Bishop who was so very special and instrumental in our journey to include God in our marriage this time.

One year later on October 9, 2004 we were married in the Boise Temple and Sealed as a family together for time and all eternity. This was the most precious and meant the most to us both... we were spiritually prepared to enter this covenant together, we had tons of friends and family with us and to have our son sealed to us was the most precious gift ever!

And then they lived happily ever after....

3 comments:

PaD said...

Congratulations on your 3rd anniversary in the temple. It was such a wonderful day. Love ya.

Lindsey said...

WOW Beth... that 1st pix of you and Jim is great! You look soo young! Congrats on your many anniversarys.

Beth said...

Thank you guys!

Fun to reflect, but I am glad some of it is behind us, and we can look forward to the future!

Related Posts with Thumbnails