Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Anniversary date....


Well my Man came through with a nice anniversary dinner date....
He came home from work asking me what I wanted to do, (you see, usually if I don't plan something creative and interested, we do what he has planned which would be nothing), so for once... I was just honest with him and said I didn't want to plan it, what I really wanted was for him to use his brain, and not just take me to his favorite Mexican food place, but come up with something for us to remember our anniversary by. We didn't have to go to dinner, we could have played a game, gone for a drive to watch the sunset, gone for a walk, gone to the park and swing, tood the dog out to play frisbee, taken the guns out for target practice in the hills... anything, as long as he thought of it!

So he comes through with dinner at a Japanese Steak House in the City...

It was so much fun... and entertaining... they cook at your table on a big grill and this cook was flipping food all over the place! Not like 2J's needed any more encouragement for making messes in the kitchen or anything, but he got this egg spinning, tossed it in the air a few times on his spatula and cracked it in half sideways over the spatula as it came down over the grill... 2J's was very impressed! He just forgot one thing... to tell us "not to try this at home". I fully expect to find broken eggs all over the stove the next time I go into the kitchen. I was very cool though... I have to admit.

His next trick was flipping shrimp out to the people seating around the table... there were two other couples seated with us... a couple of mid 20ish Idaho Cowboy looking guys with their dates...

the 1st flip... missed too far left

The next cowboy... was short....

Next up was 2J's... I missed the catch, but it was perfect (all those years of catching popcorn paid off)... what was priceless was the look on the cowboys faces... they couldn't believe they were being schooled up by a young punk, right in front of their girls! It was hilarious! 2J's was pretty proud...

A good time, and a very special anniversary dinner with my family!
I love these boys so much, they make me smile everyday!!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Jim is sooo much like Josh it is strange. I think I have planned every anniversary and birthday since we have been married! Good for Jim for taking you out.

Beth said...

He does have redeeming qualities once in a while!

patsy said...

Wow~ hey way to go Jim! That looks like so much fun. What a great family.

Related Posts with Thumbnails