Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Rescue...

My bff is my hero today...


I was in the dumps, not sure why, maybe I was just coming down from having all the girl fun here this past weekend, or something, but I hit a low. I know I go through ups and downs and it certainly is NOT a reflection on how things are going in my life. I have the best family and great friends, and good health.... much, much to be very thankful for... a very good life!

But I do fall victim to "the dumps" sometimes, usually it is just hard to get out of bed, or I procrastinate at getting something done... but I always find a way to "pull it up by the boot straps" and move past it on my own. Today was a little tougher for me, but my bff heard it through my voice on the phone and came by and scooped me up... only to run errands and talk, but it was my rescue!

Who wouldn't smile with these mugs smiling back at you, we towed them around with us... and they stayed in this happy state of euphoria as long as there was the promise of a treat at the end.
I had no clue what the treat would be ~ but any bff knows chocolate milk is the cure for all dumps. In no time I was smiling and forgetting all my woes... It probably had nothing to do with the chocolate milk and much more to do with all the walking she made me do that got my endorphines moving about... but I'd like to think it is always the chocolate!

2 comments:

Panda said...

Awwwww sorry you was in the dumps today Beth... good thing you have such a great BFF and she knows how to use chocolate *giggle*
I had such a great time over the weekend and wish it could of just kept going on and on and on.
(((((HUGGGGGGGGS))))

Beth said...

I had a great time this past weekend too! I think I must have just been coming down from all the fun or something... feeling much better today. No time to feel sorry for myself!

Related Posts with Thumbnails