Search This Blog

Thursday, September 27, 2007

President Gordon B. Hinckley

I received an email today with these pictures of Gordon B. Hinckley, President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints...

He is such a wonderful man, and I love listening to him talk... he reminds me of my "Papa" in so many ways, and I know if they knew each other, they would become great friends. They have the same sense of humor, that same loving but "to the point" look in their eyes, and the same way of making me see what I should already know that I should be doing without making me feel bad about myself, but just empowered to be better by his presence.

President Hinckley always uses his cane, just not much for walking...

See what I mean. He was told to carry a cane, and that's what he does ~ he carries it.

Not all of us have such a fancy pointing stick as Pres. Hinckley...

I heard someone say about him at a dedication of the ground for a new Temple, as they climbed a dirt hill... Pres. Hinckley commented at the top, about his body guards who were holding each of his arms, that he could have been there much quicker if he hadn't had to carry these two big bruits up the hill. I laughed, that just sounded like something out of the mouth of my "Papa". I miss him and his sense of humor so much!

We marveled at the contrast of Joseph Smith's visit to the White House to meet with President Van Buren and President Hinckley's visit to the White House to receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the highest honor given a United States citizen.

President Hinckley said that his late wife "Sister Hinckley would have loved this event."

When this picture was first published, one woman wrote and said,
"If people don't believe Mormons are Christians, just have them look at this picture of Sister Marjorie Hinckley." It's so true!

President Hinckley is patient with all the photographers who are constantly taking his picture. He did say to us one time, in a quiet tone , that "if all the cameras in the world were thrown into the ocean, there would be a great flood."

Who can resist President Gordon B. Hinckley's warmth? President and Sister Hinckley were just the trademark of happiness in Ghana.. No one could keep their eyes off of them. Their warmth was infectious. Their kind waves of the hand always made everyone feel loved.

These two are love birds, no less.

I love these pictures, he is a wonderful man and prophet! I feel a closeness to him because I can relate to him through the man my "Papa" was, and how he lived his life, even when no-one was watching!

Photographs By Scot Facer Proctor

3 comments:

patsy said...

Wow thanks for sharing these GREAT pictures!

PaD said...

I feel the same way about him and my dad. Dad wasn't perfect but I sure did think he was good. Thanks for sharing the photo's.

Fay and Gene were in a wreck and are at home instead of on their way to Ohio. A girl rear-ended them outside Nampa. She thinks their car is totalled. (sp). I couldn't spell it on pj's blog and I haven't improved yet.

Beth said...

I know many many people love him and are very drawn to him.... he is pretty special!

Related Posts with Thumbnails