Search This Blog

Friday, August 24, 2007

Morning Walks/Eagle Application returned

I love my walks with my friend every morning... we started out last year in March only kind of knowing each other, preparing to go on a Mormon Pioneer Trek with the church youth group in July (which was fabulous, and we were well conditioned for the trip).

We became GREAT friends and found when we stopped walking we we much more grumpy and unmanageable Mothers and Wives... 6 weeks after she delivered her 8th child this past March. Yes, count them 8! We started back walking again.

One day the crop duster plane flew over spraying pestisides on the fields which surround the area we walk and we got trapped on the other side and couldn't get home... but that's another story for another day.

I am so grateful for my friendship with her. I am so grateful she keeps me accountable to do something healthy and good for myself everyday. We laugh, and we cry, we share, we vent, we trip (oh wait that's just me), we talk, we listen, we teach each other. And this is the beautiful view from the top of the hill we climb every morning. It is so beautiful, it really is a hill even though it doesn't look like it, and even though when our husbands drive up it in their big powerful trucks they laugh at us calling it a hill (one of these days when we are skinny minny's they will be eating those words). But it IS a hill. You can see all the way to Squaw Butte, which is the little mountain you can see in the distance. It isn't my Mount Rainier, but it certainly has it's own beauty, and I love it!!




Super great news!! We finally got 2J's paperwork back from his Eagle Scout Application, and we set a date for his Eagle Court of Honor!! Wahoo!! The guy even gave us the Eagle pack with the metals in it to bring for presentation. 2J's has really been wanting to look at a metal and see what they look like, so we have been telling him he won't even see it until they present it. He wouldn't be able to contain himself or sleep if he knew it was in the house :) So his Dad wanted me to take a picture of him holding it with the date, so he could rub it in later. Those two are constantly harassing each other. Some days I threaten to run away, but they don't listen to me. Did I mention I hate being the only girl in the house!!!! UGGGGggggg!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails