Search This Blog

Monday, August 20, 2007

Majestic Bells....



A little while after we moved to Idaho I found some wind chimes I fell in love with, but would never spend the money on something like that just for myself (because trust me... my strong silent mysterious man could care less about them). And I would always forget to put them on my wish list for my birthday or Christmas. Well one Mothers Day I think almost 2 years ago.... my Mother and Sister sent me the money to go buy the chimes I loved so dearly. I had been meaning to do it, but whenever I was in the city, I was usually with hubby and like I said... not so much a priority for him. Well, 2J's and I were in town and I actually remembered to go by the place and buy them. He helped me get them hung up. They make my other little chimes seem pretty wimpy, in size and sound but I left them to hang together because they do seem to compliment each others tones.

It has been a few hot weeks since we hung them, and today it cooled down and we have some nice wind and my Majestic Bells are AWESOME!! They sound so beautiful outside, I can hear them from inside when the boys are gone and I have the rare chance of turning that crazy television OFF!! They kind of sound like church bells ringing and we do have a little church across the field from the back of our house... when hubby got home and figured out the long continuous ringing was not the little church, I did get "the look" but he did not say a word. "Yeah, they get to stay!!!!!!"

I know he is secretly hoping they get swooped off by the wind ~ like my little ones do about 3 or 4 times a year... but I doubt these monsters are going anywhere! If they do, I will just hunt them down and hang them right back up like I always do, I am relentless and determined that way!!

In the meantime I am secretly hoping he will fall in love with them... don't tell him, but 2J's has ~ one man down, one to go!! It's horrible being out numbered by men in the house. My girl, Morgan loves to sit by them and listen while she watches on "guard duty" out the back.
Now I have a little piece of Heaven right on my back porch!

1 comment:

PaD said...

Your wind chimes sound beautiful Beth. I love chimes too. When I had mine hanging outside our bedroom window and we'd have a storm come up they would keep us awake. Mine were the little ones.

Dad came down with the flu today. He can't get very far from the bathroom. I got it on Sunday. It sure leaves you feeling sick. I hope he don't get the throwing up stuff.

Related Posts with Thumbnails