Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Change in Routines...

Well all the signs are here, the days of summer are slowly coming to a close. The weather is turning cooler here, which a huge blessing. But it means that we are coming to the end of the growing season. I will be sad for watermelons to go away, they have been my staple food this summer and they have kept be from any major food binge frenzies. I will really miss Grandma and Grandpa sharing their tomatoes with us... I had learned to can spaghetti sauce last year and we used up everything I canned. But a couple of friends are sharing their overages from the garden, so I might end up with enough to get some sauce canned for this year. I grew a couple of tomato plants for us, but as it turns out Morgan loves tomatoes so much, she will eat them off the vine. I have only pulled 2 off all season so far. Love that girl, but my patience is running thin. Good thing for Auntie sharing the fruits of her labor with us!

Along with the change in weather we have the buzz of going back to school. But more exciting in our house is Drivers Training!! 2J's started on Monday, and we had given him a grade bar, if his grades were not there during school, he doesn't drive. Well he missed it just barely.... he was good, good, good, and then got cocky and let them slip just below the mark for driving. Well I had already signed him up (you have to get your name in early to get in) so he gets to take the course, but since his grades weren't at the bar, he has to pay for the class. He worked all summer trying to earn enough to pay for it, and he did it. The next step is he can't go get his license without the meeting the grade bar this year. I think normally I would have just given in, since he was so close, but it is such a huge responsibility to drive, we decided to stick real close to the rule. It seems to be paying off, he really seems to be serious about the class and the strict rules the instructor has for them, since it is so expensive. Tough Love, but it works. I hope he comes up with the grades, I think the rule holds until he is 18... that would be a very long time not to drive. It would have killed me at that age. Hopefully it is incentive enough at this point.

The other really good thing that comes along with the change in weather, is the garage is not sooooo hot so my "strong silent mysterious hunk" has gone back to working on the dent in my Z car. He said he could fix it back like new... but he also promised to build me a cradle when 2J's was born, and I am still waiting for that 15 years later. I think he has really good intentions and a huge heart, but he has the attention span of a 2 year old... (no offense to 2 year olds). I love him, I know it will be beautiful and he will get it finished (after all, he likes driving it as much as I do... how is that for incentive). I am just really excited to get this baby back on the road and take the t-tops off before it snows!! Wahoo!!!!!!!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails