Search This Blog

Thursday, August 23, 2007

1st Day of School...


We have a traditional 1st day of school picture every year, and I am happy to say with a little persuasion I was able to still get one this year. You know as the little foot gets bigger and older (and maybe a little wiser to my schemes) some of the traditions just have to be put in the memory vault.

There's the pictures with Santa... it was pretty easy to stretch that one out until he was 12 with leverage of the gifts and all.

Then there was the Halloween costumes, that went into the vault much earlier, but still have some great pictures for bargaining power to get the grand baby to come visit when that day comes. "Yes I will show everyone how cute you were in your Barney costume with the tail" he he he

There was the kiss goodbye dropping off for school... this was less of a shock to my system because my "cutie" is kind of still weening me off easy and I actually still get hugs at the drop off point most days unless there is a cute girl walking by at the same time. If I maneuver and get the timing just right pulling up to the school, I haven't lost this one completely. And I am hanging on to every little kiss and hug I can get while he still likes me :) Yes, I am aware this one goes away overnight when he starts driving to school... don't remind me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good News today!!!
We are still waiting on the Eagle approved paperwork to arrive back from National, but the good news is... we got word that the approval signature was posted on August 9th and with that information we can go ahead and schedule the Eagle Court of Honor. Yipppppeeeeeee!!
I am so happy not to have to field the daily call from my "strong, not so silent about this issue, mysterious man" everyday to see if it came in the mail. Maybe I can get some work done during that hour now. How is it that he is only adequate at scheduling his own time, but when it comes time to scheduling mine he is a Master? You gotta luv 'em!!

2 comments:

PaD said...

That's great the Eagle award came thru. Now you won't have to send all that stuff back in. Dad is off to the temple. Have a great day. Love Mom D

Donna Lynn said...

2 J's - Great jeans!! Hope you had a great day! Love A L

Related Posts with Thumbnails