Search This Blog

Monday, December 21, 2009

A night on the town...

Friday night, my brother took the girls out on the town. Dinner and the Symphony!! I wasn't sure what to expect... I guess I am turning into a country girl and need to experience more culture, because I wasn't sure I would like the symphony, not being very musically inclined myself.

But I loved it!

Dinner at Larkins was amazing... the best fillet I have probably EVER eaten... and because I love steak so much, this is really a statement! It was Awesome!!!!


The waiter mentioned some kind of 3 day wet soak, I am going to have to google and learn how to do now.


My Mom really enjoyed it, I could hear her sobbing when they struck the first note... I thought we were in trouble, but she pulled it together and we all really enjoyed the show.

It was called Holiday at Peace... and the guest singer was the lady that did the voice of the Little Mermaid. She was beautiful. Maestro is Russian and had an accent that you could cut with a knife... but he was sooo cute... he said, I have something special for you.... then corrected himself "yall" tonight. He was a hoot!

They had some Russian ballet dancers perform in different costumes for different numbers, it made me think of my niece on her toes! I loved it all, so fun. Lots of holiday music, if the sleigh ride and jingle bells from an orchestra won't get me in the mood, I am a lost cause!

A really good time was had by all.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails