Search This Blog

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Maybe he isn't as silent as I thought...

I dubbed my husband the "strong silent mysterious man" partly because of his silent nature. He really is a man of few words. I am always trying to get him into long meaningful mushy "talks" like he did when we were dating; but I am afraid those are days gone by.
.
However, as silent as I thought he was... in his absence, it really is quiet around the house... was he making more noise than I realized? It's so weird the things you take for granted until they are gone. I try really hard not to take him for granted... but I think some of the security and warmth of his strong silent self, I must be... because I am really missing it today.
.
Something I discovered very humorous... is that along with the accusations that "I" am the one who snores (when I know darn well half of those sleepless nights I lay awake listening to him snore... are not dreams), I also get accused of being the "Tasmanian devil" in bed... you know spinning like crazy, stealing all the covers... most mornings we wake up and can't even find the covers... it's like a wild toga party happened in our bed while we were sleeping.
.
The humorous part of that accusation is that this week, I woke up got out of bed and went into my normal morning routine and while standing at the end of my bed I looked down to see this...

You can see perfectly my side of the bed on the left; where I pulled back the covers, got out of bed, after an entire complete nights blissful sleep (well once I fell asleep, I do have a hard time getting to sleep when he is gone) and nothing else had been disturbed... ALL NIGHT!
.
I knew it wasn't me slashing amuck in the covers every night!!
And if you put the famous tape measure on the bed, that he likes to use to prove I take up more than my share, I don't even think I took up my entire half of the bed either.
.
That is also part of my morning ritual after I am hit with all those ugly accusations, I have to defend myself that I was sure I slept on a sliver of the side of the bed all night long, with no covers, clinching to hang on!
.
I think the proof in the picture speaks for itself!
Case closed honey! I know it has been a mystery since we have been married, now we don't have to do anymore sleuth work around here. And you can put that silly tape measure away.
.
All the fun and sarcasm aside, I miss you and I can't wait for you to get back home!
Hurry, the pups and the teenager really miss you too!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails