Search This Blog

Friday, April 17, 2009

Birthday dinner with a martian...

I think he has finally confirmed for me that he is a "Martian"!
.
I grew up getting to pick where I wanted to go for my birthday... it was my special day, and even when we were little and my Mom was single raising 4 kids... if it meant my other siblings had to order very conservatively so that I could get what I wanted for my birthday; sometimes it worked that way. But I got to chose where and what I wanted for my birthday.
.
I really liked that tradition; so we have always done that together since I have been married. Except for the first year that we decided to stay home for my birthday and my strong silent mysterious man went to the store to buy steaks to cook for me at home; and came home with frozen taquitos! He was still in training.
.
So last night, we let him pick where he wants to go for dinner. We end up at Taco Bell!
It was his birthday dinner; so I am trying to let it go.
I feel like a failure! Just kidding, I love to eat out. So when it's a special time to pick a special place to eat... Taco Bell is not even on the list... it's down there with the frozen taquitos for me!!
.
But... again not my birthday... and I refer to my birthday post for him yesterday
#2 He is humble and doesn't need much to be truly happy
and
#35 He loves Mexican food
.
But just for the record.. don't take me to Taco Bell for my birthday dinner!
.
He got some new software for recording and mixing music. He was pretty excited about it; so I got it all loaded on the computer so he could try it out when he got home from work.
But it was not very user friendly, and reading the guidebook or anything from the help menu, I was understanding about as much in the Spanish section as I was anything in English.

Finally about 10:30pm last night we figured out how to start recording and he was able to get a few tracks loaded to know he was going to love it once he figured out all the bells and whistles on it.

It was a pretty crazy day, and he is not big on birthday cake; but he used to like lemon mirange pie. I have never attempted to bake one for him; but I wanted to do something I knew he would love. So I found one at a bakery and brought it home.
.
We got a picture of him with it... but he would never open it or eat any. The teenager was dying to take the lid off and shove it in his face; but I wouldn't give him permission. Later last night after we went to bed... I was quizzing him on why he didn't want to even cut into the pie and he said "I think my tastes have changed". So I guess that means he doesn't like lemon mirange pie anymore. Hmmm... note to self; next year try the candles in birthday mexi fries I guess? I should have just let the teenager throw the pie at him. That would have been a fun birthday memory!
.
I think he had a good birthday. It's just so hard to tell on my birthday meter. I have such a hard time making or doing special things for him! He does love his gifts and the well wishes and phone calls; and I think he felt special in his own little martian way!
Happy Birthday to our nephew Tony and our great neice Olivia yesterday too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

TACO BELL????? Can't believe he didn't pick The Sand (something) that wonderful place on The Snake River. He must have been oh so tired. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our terrific son-in-law!!!
Mom

Related Posts with Thumbnails