Search This Blog

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Morning motivation...

I used to have such productive mornings, but lately I haven't been so motivated.

I am normally up at 530am with my boys getting them off to school and work, and I used to go right into my office afterwards and get to my own work or get some housework or laundry done, but for a couple of weeks now, I have been going back to bed and setting the alarm for a normal hour to wake up. Well needless to say, I didn't realize just how much I was getting done between 530am and 8am, until it wasn't getting done.

So today I made myself get moving! I headed out as soon as the boys were off; and went to Wally's to get my grocery shopping done and it was still dark when I came out!


And raining! I love the rain!!

I came home and unloaded the groceries, and since it is garbage day I had a bright idea to dump all the garbage cans around the house into the big outside can and it would all go away at once! (novel idea huh!)

So I began dumping all the little cans around the house the bathroom, the office etc. and found a tiny little piece of what was left of a stuffed toy Morgan had gotten several years ago for Christmas. Aunt Fay had given her two of them and they were just alike. The first one she played and played and played with and tore it to bits almost immediately (and carried a tiny piece around like a security blanket for months... I finally had to sneak it away from her one day), and the second one she kept in perfect pristine condition for the longest time....

then along came Taylor and all toys were fair game. She love the stuffed Christmas toy just as much as Morgan did the first one, and they play together with it all the time... tugging and pulling on it. It is quite tattered and worn now.

As I was dumping the garbage, I found a tiny small bit of fabric from the toy and decided I better get it dumped out now, before I have a problem with it being the security blanket I have to take away... it sounds cruel, but really it is for their own good.

So I grab it and dump it in the garbage, and sweet little Taylor sees it and grabs it immediately out of the garbage and tries to run with it.

"Hey, get back here with that!!"

I managed to trade her for the big piece that was a little more intact, and she runs and plays with it... until she sees me heading for the garbage with the little piece...

Then it's an all out war to get it away from her!
(I have got to learn how to use my new camera... it's so handy to grab and shoot, but I haven't read the book on setting it up yet, so everything is a big blur, but you get the picture).

It was such productive morning up until this, my strong silent mysterious man doesn't believe me when I tell him our dogs are like children, and they take allot of time to care for and love and attention during the day sometimes when I don't get too much done and blame it all on them.

I hope I can stay motivated and turn a really rainy wet day into a really productive one!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work... it's hard to get back in the grove. I let the last couple of Sat/Sun get by without finishing the basics around the house and now you can't walk anywhere. How does this happen?

Lindsey said...

Wow 5:30 am... that is motivation! I can't pull myself from bed until 7.. and only because it is necessary to get Jace fed and off to school. Good for you for being motivated!

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

Way to be out and about so early... That must be the best time to be at Walmart, before it gets too crowded.

Related Posts with Thumbnails