Search This Blog

Saturday, November 15, 2008

A hunting we will go...

Well not "we", but him...
my strong silent mysterious man is off for his 1st hunting trip of the year.
He has been mentally preparing for a month now. But in his "guy like" manner he began physically preparing last night. That was when he realized he only had 2 arrows.

I guess he is feeling really lucky, because it didn't slow him down a bit! And at 3am this morning he was off....


The dogs hoovered (except Rudy who was still asleep warm and sound in his bed) in an attempt to get to "go" (that would be Taylors middle name)... but they aren't trained for hunting yet and would probably be chasing the deer away instead of helping to hunt them out, so no go, sorry pups.

.

I am still educating myself through many experienced friends who are wives of hunters, on the whole "keeping the fires burning" at home while they go out hunting. And also on all the best things to do with the meat when they bring it home. I vote to take it all to the butcher and let him hand me over a big batch of nicely hand wrapped meat packages with labels... and then I will hunt down all the coveted deer meat recipes and cook him up. But there is all kinds of advice from the time the arrow hits until the meat is on your table... so that might be a few blog posts later; to share how the story really goes down.

.

I am still such a "city girl" but in an attempt to try and live in a county world here in Idaho... I am warming up to the whole thing slowly but surely.

I have surprisingly found some things I really love... Cowboys, boots, big shiny belt buckles, pictures of the critters living in the wild, hunting dogs, my strong silent mysterious man in camo.

Some things I am not sure I will ever warm up to... dead animal pictures, men packing guns on their belt around town, dead animals on the wall, and sneaking around in the woods.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

ahhh... so you have become a hunting widow. Good luck to Jim... hope he gets you some meat! Although I agree I don't like deer either.

PaD said...

I love the way your blog looks. Good job.

Sorry Jim didn't get the big one. But I'm happy for the big one that got away. Love ya, Mom d

Related Posts with Thumbnails