Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Basketball Jones...

Last night "the boys" went to play basketball at the church.

They play with a team of some of the guys my strong silent mysterious man works with... which I might say are all much much younger than him.

And while he was hesitant and knew he would fall victim to all of their old man, and hip replacement jokes; he agreed to play with them... something about his competitive nature wouldn't let him say no I guess; that and I think he is a glutton for punishment.
The teenager goes and fills in when they are short a man.
He loves it! Getting to rub elbows with some older boys, and showing off some of the skills he "thinks" he has over them, being the youngest and tallest of them all.
I hate to tell him, I really think he has bricks in his shoes at times... it looks like he can jump really high, but he barely gets off the ground. But I will just keep that to myself, since I couldn't do much better.

I might have been better to stay home and rest and take care of my fragile head... but I really just wanted to be with my boys. I didn't want to be home alone without them. I have been feeling so badly about how I have acted towards them over the past few days. And I just couldn't bare being away from them.
So I grabbed my camera and thought I would try and learn how to take indoor action shots with my camera. I know there must be a trick to it, because when I had the shutter speed slow enough to let enough light in, everything was a blur. So I tried a few different settings but never did master anything before the end of their practice. I guess I will have to keep studying up and learning.
(I did think this shot was kind of funny... looks like he has wings and is fluttering above the ground, he he he)
It was fun to watch them. I was very worried my strong silent mysterious man wouldn't be able to get out of bed this morning... but he seems to be among the living and able to walk.
Doesn't he look like it really hurts here?
I enjoy being with my boys, I am glad they never mind me hanging out with them... it's just where I want to be most of the time. I am so thankful for my family and that we can be together and share even the simplest of things.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails