Search This Blog

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Granite goes to Heaven...

I talked to my big brother Jim today, and it was a very sad weekend for him.
His new colt Granite died.
.
Mom had just taken this picture of them working together when she was there this month.
He loved this little guy and he had been doing so well.
I could tell it was really hard on him.
I told him I hope when we get to Heaven we find out the "why" on some of these things. I would like to think that God had a little girl there that really needed Granite in Heaven right now.
I guess I will just have to wait until I get there to find out.

He is still waiting on some tests to find out why he might have died... there was a knot on his head, but they couldn't tell if it was where he got kicked, or maybe where he fell down, and they are testing his blood for toxins too.

Jim was busy working with his mama (Cali) to clean out the stall and give her new cedar shavings so she wouldn't have Granites smell as a constant reminder. And hand feeding her as she isn't eating well, and seems to be fretting a little about her loss. He is really good to his animals and loves them so much.

Dear Granite the joy and love you brought in your short little life here on earth.
Until we meet again...

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

That is really sad. Losing an animal is defenitely no different then losing any other family member because they are so much a part of the family.

I think you are right... I think a little girl in Heaven needed Granite more then he did.

patsy said...

Oh I am so sorry. That is so hard.
My heart goes out to him & that colt's mama.

Jack & I have been looking through your blog tonight- so fun :)

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

That is so sad. I loved what you said about Granite being needed by a little girl in heaven...

Related Posts with Thumbnails