Search This Blog

Friday, August 29, 2008

1st Day of School...

The 1st Day of School... I was so happy to get the traditional 1st day picture.

It was a monumental day since it was also his 1st time driving himself to school!
A very long way from catching the bus on the 1st day of Kindergarten.

Look at that 1st step on the bus, it goes up to like his waist, he was just a baby! I shed so many tears that day, it was one of the hardest days of my life!! He has needed me just a little less every day since, and I am okay with it... but it doesn't make it any easier on the heart.

He had a great day and came home pretty happy with all of his teachers and classes. What a jabber jaw! Just when I thought he might be out of words and stories to tell me about his day... he would have more! It was very cool to see him so happy and alive and positive, smiling and laughing and sharing with me.

But the rest of the house didn't fair as well...

Morgan threw up! I don't know if she was just so lonely, or worried when he didn't come home and didn't come home and didn't come home. This was the happiest she looked all day until he finally came home. It was breaking my heart!

Taylor cried and whined and whimpered all day... and while she was able to keep her food down, and not look nearly as sad as Morgan did; I knew something was going on when I kept finding her in the middle of his bed... the taboo area she never goes when he is home, even if he bribes her with a treat.
Rudy... well he is older and wiser and knew it would all be okay, so he spent most of his day worshiping the sun... so happy the sun was out to warm his little short legs.
Morgan did perk up a little today and hasn't thrown up anymore... and learning to cope in the sun, like Rudy showed her.

I struggled all day trying to find my routine and groove... I may have had too high of expectations for the wonderful peace and quiet. It was sooooo quiet!!!!

We all just might make it through, now that the 1st week of school is finally over.

3 comments:

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

That is great that you have those pictures of his first day getting on the bus... so cute! I love the pictures of the dogs, how they all coped with the first week of school in their own way:)

She Loves To Make said...

Oh my goodness, the picture you have of Jacob (when he is on the rock), that is how I picture him. I can't believe he is so old! I love catching up on your life! My blog has now changed to shelovesthecolorpink.blogspot.com so if you go to the old one it won't be there!

Hailey said...

well jacob. . . i guess i could say that you've grown a tad. haha. hope he had a good first day. sorry that it came back. :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails