Search This Blog

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Last Day of Summer...

Yesterday was the last day of summer for the teenager... back to school today!

I wanted to send off summer in some fun way the teenager would remember... but he was just not into it. All of my fun and exciting suggestions were shot down. So we drove out and had lunch with his Dad during his lunch hour...

It's a really small town pretty far off the beaten path, where my Strong Silent Mysterious Man's Dad went to school.

We stopped a the local pizza joint and you would think their specialty was pizza... but no, everyone in town knows them for their finger steaks and chicken wings, and onion rings. They just happen to have pizza too.

I love my chauffeur, it is pretty neat not to have to drive everywhere... but he doesn't stroll anywhere! It's always at "Mach V"!!! So here are my quick photos out the window of this cute little town!

(oh dear look at all the little bug corpses on the window... or I should be saying, don't look at them!)

Some really neat buildings and architecture, but you have to look fast or you will miss them. It is one of those little towns that hang their holiday decor from the light posts going down main street. Some old places that have been around forever, but have a new face lift.

( I love the old faded coca-cola sign)

And I love that right on main street there are homes. Just past the businesses there is the residential section of town displaying proudly their rose gardens and flowers and the old trees that hang over the street and shade everything keeping it from feeling like the hot dry dessert.

So cute, and Mayberry'ish.

It wasn't too awful exciting, but it was fun. And we really enjoyed being able to see my Strong Silent Mysterious Man in the middle of the day, it made me miss how he used to come home for lunches and take naps in the middle of the day.

A good time was had by all!

1 comment:

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

I love little towns! There are a lot of them around here that I want to explore.

Related Posts with Thumbnails