Search This Blog

Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 16th Birthday...

June 30th 2008
Happy Birthday to the Teenager... Sweet 16!
Since the teenager already got his golf club and lessons for his early birthday (remember I was pouting), I had to really work and try to make it feel like his special day without just spending money on him.
-
So I had come up with a few solutions, but he still ended up with two meals eating out! Quite spoiled!!! But we had a fun day.
-
As it started out, I had to go into the city and pick up a new motor for our irrigation pump for our neighborhood. Yes, the fun never ends.
-
So we were trying to figure out what else we wanted to do since we were in town.
I still LOVE going into the city!

So I let the teenager pick... and no big surprise he wanted to go out to eat lunch!

So we ended up here at PF Changs!

He got the cutest waitress, Jessica, that was all into the excitement of him turning 16.
She was a golfer too, so they had lots to chat about!
His Papa is always asking him to send a picture with a cute girl... so here you go Papa!
It was fun to have this time alone with him to talk and let him know how much I enjoy being with him. I know these times are definitly far and few between as he grows into a man, so it was precious to me.
His cute waitress kept telling him he would get to pick out a dessert on the house for his birthday, so to save room for it.

Obviously, being the growing boy he is... wasn't too impressed when the double fudge chocolate cake he was craving and saving up for... came in a shot glass.

Cute but not very practical! I was laughing when I saw the look on his face when it arrived. Priceless!!

Then we went to the dollar movie and saw "Horton Hears a Who", some parts were really funny, very Jim Carrey, we were totally cracking up, some parts were just too cute, very Dr. Suess, and some parts were so dumb, we almost got up and walked out.... it was going so well. They really should have gone back to the editing room one more time.

When we got home and Dad came home from work, we had a scavenger hunt for him. The point was to give sentiments with candy and a few small presents to let him know how much he is loved and give him some insight into his value and worth in our family, and then to give him a clue to the next prize... leading him to end up in his bathroom which I had gotten a new shower curtain and towels in some more manly colors, since he had been living in pink and girly colors for litterally 16 years.

... in the beginning we almost had to give him every single clue, and he wasn't even reading the sentiments!!! uggg teenagers!!! he was really spoiling it... like he was only in it for the presents....

And then I had to put up with all the riffing between the boys... sorry about the rude comments on the video, one of these days I will learn how to edit them out. Boys!

Of course the birthday picture... with both of my boys and the traditional chins in the air shot trying to be the tallest...

And here they are with their feet actually on the floor... yes Dad I think he finally passed you up!

He makes me look like I am sitting down....

That evening Dad wanted to take him out to dinner, so he chose the Japanese Steak house... and his favorite chef didn't dissapoint. The egg spin, the flaming onion volcano and the shrimp toss! It was really fun and super good food too!

And a Happy Birthday Cookie... (it was hard to top the double fudge chocolate cake in a shot glass, so I went with the giant cookie).

HAPPY SWEET 16!

WE LOVE THIS KID!!!

2 comments:

Hailey said...

happy birthday jake!

hailey

M said...

Happy belated Birthday Jake. Oh I remember the awesome Bathroom before with the pink towels. It looks nice and cool! I miss you guys

Related Posts with Thumbnails