Search This Blog

Friday, July 4, 2008

Fish On!

At the end of my husbands work-a-thon last week, with many many hours on end working, even a few all nighters... he gets invitied to go fishing.

He asks me if he can go (I should be really really grateful for just the request alone... after talking to the captains wife, he just said Im going... and didn't even ask her opinion or get permission at all)... I have been on this side of this question before.

I am the bad guy if I don't let him go... so of course, what am I going to say!!!

(I hate being pointed out as the bad selfish wife who won't let her husband go have fun) Go... go fishing with your buddy, have a great time!!

I tried not to have an attitude, or murmer that I had not seen him much all week!!!

But I pretty much wear my feelings out there on my shirt sleeve, and I am the QUEEN... well the princess of guilt (my mom is the queen... sorry mom! one of those goliaths we live to overcome right? it's hard when it comes down generations and generations and generations).

It took some working through before he left. I tried to be more understanding that he really wanted to go, even though he was really tired.

And he tried to be more understanding that I had not seen him much, and really missed him and wanted him to be home.

So when I shouldn't be taking it personally that he wasn't leaving because he didn't want to be with me.... (yes, sometimes a girl just wants to hear it, as silly as it sounds when you say it outloud).

Then I had calmed down and come to some terms that I could be happy for him to go have a good time on a boys night out!
I am sure he was thinking, "why does it take her so long, couldn't she just feel this way from the beginning?", sorry but this girl just has to work through the process sometimes.
So here are some pictures from the big catch!
(and the captain and my strong silent mysterious man)
He was a 7 foot stergeon and in our state you can't take them out of the water, it's just catch and release! So if you want pictures of them, you have to get in the water with them.







No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails