Search This Blog

Monday, June 23, 2008

Early Birthday, Part 2...

Thank You to my Sister for reminding me to look at my glass as half full, not half empty!


Some good things about the trip to the golf store, that I might have left out in my sarcastic version of my original post:


1) Yes! My husband wanted to do this together as a family, and I wasn't excluded completely! This is huge!!
2) I was able to do lots of walking while I was waiting on the boys. (I really did enjoy this time walking and window shopping alone, and I was very conscious not to impede my original snotty attitude on the boys, the long walk did me good).

3) I was able to check off another item on my summer list - go window shopping downtown!

4) The teenager was assisted by a very knowledgeable salesman who custom fitted him for his club, and received almost 2 hours of additional instruction... FREE! (well kind of, considering the cost of the club, I figured we paid for it).

5) I found a new western clothing store (good thing it was closed... I was headed in to buy the teenager a leather belt with some name carved in the back like the cowboys wear... after the club and golf lessons that would be completely spoiling him).

6) We got out as a family, and my husband didn't let anything stop us... like a terrible dust storm.
7) The teenager is a pretty good kid, (and as a reminder from my Sis) he is not pierced or wearing spikes in any part of his body.
I am very grateful for my family, and the many many blessings that have been bestowed upon us!! They are great and many in number!!! Sometimes I have fun being sarcastic when I post, and sometimes I am just grumbly and and grouchy and trying to work through things. But I do love my life, I love my family and I am so thankful f0r my Sis who holds up her end of our pact and is courageous enough to be honest with me and keep me in perspective!!
Oh and look for an update on the "good" teenager, as we are reminded he is not without his issues... I just got a call at work, he hit a golf ball through the new vinyl fence!!!!!!
Oh dear.... perspective might have to be my new word for the year!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails