Search This Blog

Thursday, May 22, 2008

ALC trip to Sun Valley...

The training meeting went well, the trip up to Sun Valley with 2 other colleagues was fun, we laughed and laughed on the long car ride up and back.
I didn't know them very well before I left, but know them a little better now. Some things I might not have wanted to know. Like what to do when a cow gets into the green alfalfa and bloats... it's not pretty. I think they were just trying to see how squeamish I really was... it involves an old garden hose, or a knife, and a needle with some fishing line. Along with the gross stories, I heard some really funny stories too. And some neat interesting things about their families.


It was a super long car ride for a 4 hour meeting... 3 hours up and 3 hours back.
I felt like I had been run over by a train when I got home last night.

We were in and out of there so fast and back on the road, I didn't get any pictures in Sun Valley at the beautiful lodge! It is amazing!

But I did get a few pictures on the ride home.... this series I dedicate to my niece Hailey, I think I remember she was named after this cute little town.


It is such a cute, fun town nestled in between the mountains!


My favorite new place I want to go back very soon and spend some time here!

You can't see the sign for the trees, but this is Hailey Paint...

The most quaint little downtown shops...

(you can't see from the low overcast clouds, but the mountains are right behind these buildings)

The Hailey Hotel...

The Hailey Nursery...

The Hailey Post Office...

The Hailey Airport (see there are the mountains)...

And some of the best barns and farmlands as you head out of town.

It was a fun but very tiring trip... I know it isn't nice to gloat on others misery, but I was so happy at least I didn't have a 5th grade field trip today like my colleague does.

Good Luck Kevin!

1 comment:

Rachel Ann said...

Sister Dayley!!!!!!!

I am so happy you found me!!! I miss you and your wonderful so so so much! Tell Jacob hello for me and then tell him to give you a hug from me since I can't give you one myself!

Love and Sunshine... Rachel

Related Posts with Thumbnails