Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

"The Sun will come out Tomorrow".....

One of my clients out of Twin Falls was in town picking up a load of seed and had me meet him while he was loading... to give me his tickets to "Annie". He's a cowboy and doesn't look like the type that would love anything cultural, but he is a big softy. He has season tickets to the Morrison Center, and couldn't use his tickets last night, so he passed them on to me.
Thank You Bob!
It was a little spontaneous (that is just being nice, it was last minute... that's how he is with everything, but I am used to it), and I knew as much as I would have loved to have one of "my boys" go with me... this would be waaaaaayyyyy more than they would sit through. So I called a friend (my rs president) who went with me two years ago to see the Abba musical "Mamma Mia"... she was already working downtown, and was thrilled!!
She took me out to Joe's Crab Shack before the show...
I had been there for my birthday last year, but somehow we missed the dancing. When the Saturday Night Live song "The Hustle" comes on, all the waitresses come out and did the hustle for the entire song.
I was thinking to myself, I was kind of glad they didn't do that when I was there with my strong silent mysterious man, because he was already annoyed we were eating seafood, which his isn't a fan of, but thinking he was waiting on his food while his waitress was dancing around to disco, which he REALLY isn't a fan of, would have sent him over the edge.
But it was certainly a fun time for me last night!


The production was awesome! I couldn't get over the choreography, and how those little kids never missed a step, and not even to mention their voices... they were belting it out, and were as young as 7 years old. I was amazed!! I had forgotten the time period of this play was from the 1920's and 30's.. and they costumes were fabulous!! I wanted to leave and go find a couple of dresses and a winter coat with a fur collar that Ms. Farrell was wearing.
Oh! and the orchestra, that was so cool, I just wish I could have seen them at times!!
Amazing! I could go on and on...
I had to control myself, I wanted to start singing outloud! I think somewhere deep inside I am a drama queen! (don't tell my husband) I told my friend when we were leaving that it made me want to go take voice lessons tomorrow... she said "I want to go adopt an orphan". Too funny!!
(Hailey, Megan and Chloe)
Sorry Hailey... she is painfully camera shy, and now posted all over the blogosphere, in costume!
But I couldn't leave this time in your life out of my journaling... you'll forgive me someday!
Okay, so the whole experience brought me back to family... and our nieces and nephews have been so involved in their school's musical productions for years now, and I haven't seen not one of them! I have totally missed out! I know it!
Hailey just wrapped up "Annie Get Your Gun", and I am so sad I don't live close enough to have gone. But my heart is so there with her. I heard it was amazing, and even before my experience last night, I knew it would be something wonderful... but now I can only imagine! What a thrill it has been to feel some piece of her excitement! I hope she doesn't stop performing! What a gift!

____________________________________________________



So on another note, I dropped the teenager off at school this morning - what is that he is packing! Yep, he qualified for another golf tournament and they play rivals -

the Eagle Mustangs!

I hope they have a good match, Good Luck Kiddo!!

Happy Birthday to My Strong Silent Mysterious Man, 48 today!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

so I had lots of blogs to catch up on Mon-Wed. Now I know why my days have been off. They really make my day. After you told me about Annie, I can't get the song out of my head. Then I almost croaked... I had in my mind Jim's birthday is tomorrow, the 17th. So I'm just going to call him like I planned and pretend I didn't read your blog. It's still the spirit that counts...right?? OH-- and you "can't get a man with a gun."

Anonymous said...

oh, by the way...the pictures of the couple were great! I could see them making a collage (SP).

Anonymous said...

oh, by the way...the pictures of the couple were great! I could see them making a collage (SP).

M said...

That's awesome to hear you got free tickets! I hope Jake does good in his golf tourney!

Hailey said...

i forgive you

hailey

patsy said...

I can't believe I forgot to call JIm yesterday for his birthday... I did send a card- hopefully it's there today.
I LOVE Annie- the kids used to watch it all the time when they were little. Great show- one of the rare shows with loads of girls in it.
I have always wanted to see MOmma Mia! Did you like it?
Jake the golfing dude~ hope it went well!

Related Posts with Thumbnails