Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The rest of my Special Day...

My Strong Silent Mysterious Man got off of work early and came home to be with me for my birthday... it was a great surprise because he doesn't ever do things like that, unless he is taking me fishing or something that is in his best interest.

We took a ride over to Costco, and walked around browsing... he told me after we left, he was hoping I would find something I couldn't live without and he could buy it and count it as my birthday gift. I said if I would have known that, I would have picked out something really cool, like the $700 piano/keyboard with weighted keys and programming. He was glad to have scrapped by without having to buy that for me.

So by this time, 2J's was out of school, so we picked him up and drove to town. We went to the mall and held all the puppies in the pet shop, then went to the massage chair store and tried them out and got personal demo's from the salesman there. Then we stopped into See's Candies and we got a sample coconut cream and milk chocolate... and we each picked out two pieces of candy to take with us. (it was better than a whole birthday cake right?)

Then they took me out to dinner to Joe's Crab Shack... my Man ordered coconut shrimp (I know, Mr. Picky eater actually ordered something other than cheese enchiladas), and 2J's and I had combo buckets with crab legs and shrimp, keilbasa, corn and potatoes... but mostly crab legs. They were super yummy, but I think crab once a year will do me... it is too much work to eat them. But the time you get the meat out of the leg, you have worked up a sweat, and juice running down to your elbows. It was a fun place, pretty casual, with a nice river front view... but it probably won't be a regular hang out or anything.

A really fun place to take people who come to visit from out of town... so come visit me! (not like any of you from Seattle would come to Idaho for crab... oh well).

It was a super fun, very special day, and I felt so loved by my family and friends!

Happy Birthday to me!!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Isn't Joes such a fun place! I love going there, especially when we have the kids because we don't have to worry about keeping them really quiet. It is just a fun place!

Beth said...

Yes, it was a fun atmosphere!

Still our favorite date place is the Sandbar in Marsing... I think you led me to them. Great Food!!

Lindsey said...

I lead you to all the great places tucked away out in the small towns, lol.

Related Posts with Thumbnails