Search This Blog

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Service...

This week I had a moment of selfishness about giving a service ~ it seems the entire circumstance that came about was caused by a series of mis-understandings. I wasn't sure how to clear them up without hurting feelings or causing a bigger problem, so I performed the service in hopes that just doing it would help me get over my selfishness... it just didn't feel as good as it could have, because I didn't do it with my heart entirely in the right place.

I wish I would have found these posts earlier this week, but better late than never ~ I found some other blogs that helped me get things into perspective about Service and Giving of Ourselves, and I appreciated their thoughts so much, it really helped me have a better spirit about it this week (if you click on the underlined words it will take you to those blog posts).

I have become very selfish with my time this past year... partly because I struggle with Balance in my life. My SIL posted about Balance being her word for the year, and she even got a necklace that says Balance! I love this concept!! I used to really pride myself on being able to juggle many balls in the air at one time. But I guess as I get older and hopefully wiser, I am either not as good at it, or it isn't as important to me to keep all those balls in the air. I find I am much more content to focus on just a few things that I really LOVE, instead of trying to do it all, and not really loving any of it.

So at some point in the transition, I have become very selfish with my time... I don't give at as freely, just when it works for me. So as usual I am on that darn pendulum and it has swung the other way... so for today, I will work on finding my way somewhere back to the middle. To give service, but don't neglect my family (or the important things to me in my life) to accomplish it (but then isn't that sacrifice? See I can get my self waaaaayyyyy out of balance, it's a vicious circle).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails