Search This Blog

Thursday, January 3, 2008

My Teenager comes home today....

My Teenager comes home today!!

I am really excited...

This is how excited out of my mind I am today... I cleaned his bathroom!

(hmmm looking at this picture makes me think this will be my next painting project)


When he left and it didn't get done... I figured he could do it when he got home. And I haven't touched it since he left. But today, I am so excited for him to get home.... plus I figured it would count as some activity since I didn't get on the treadmill yesterday.

I am also nervous for him to come home. I soooo wanted him to go when he left. But the very second he walked away to get on the plane I missed him. I caught a short glimpse of SuperNanny last night and there were two teenage girls that were not treated with much respect from their parents... and I saw so many of my own mistakes in them. I don't think I am a good listener with my own teenager. But with anyone else, I think I am a great listener. Some days when he goes to school I think in my mind if I got a call he disappeared, would I even remember what he wore to school that day. I have a huge fear that I don't pay very close attention, I tune him out allot!

So I am nervous, to make sure I am abandoning some of those things I really don't like about myself and how I co-exist with my teenager. And I am excited to apply some of the things that I think will help him know how much I love him, without smothering him, or getting in his space too much. (apparently teenagers don't like that, and it drives them away... can't imagine... I was never like that... he he he)

Plus, I just really missed him, our house was super quiet (minus the new puppy learning to bark) and I can't wait to have him under foot again!!

I really love this kid!!

And if you happen to read this 2J's... I didn't clean the floor around the toilet, or your bedroom. Forget it... you will need something to do when you get home, right? :)

1 comment:

patsy said...

Welcome home two JJ's!!
I think it is so that you share him! Brett went to his grandparents every summer for 3 weeks growing up. I think it would be hard to let them go- then somedays....

Related Posts with Thumbnails