Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2007 Year in Review

I really liked this blog post from Lelly summarizing the year.. and thought I would take some time to think about my year in some of the same ways.
A big part of following up on goals is to evaluate them as you go and when they are completed. So here is my big attempt to actually look back (I don't like too much reflection, it makes me cry) and see how things looked so I can make improvements as I get into 2008!
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before? Started Blogging
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Can't even remember them, except the usual lose 20lbs.... Yes, but I don't like to call them resolutions (it jinks' them)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My bff Brenda, Carson ~ he is a little miracle, oh and duh... my sil Ruthie had little Riley Michael
4. Did anyone close to you die? no
5. What countries did you visit? stayed home in the USA
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? creativity
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Sept 5th (2J's Eagle court of honor, mom's birthday, and my baptism anniversary)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? continued my walking routine
9. What was your biggest failure? didn't lose the weight, stopped my piano lessons at summer and never took them back up again
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? too many cold sores, broke off my front tooth
11. What was the best thing you bought? a new tooth
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? 2J's (grades, Eagle Scout, driving)
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Celebrities are dumb
14. Where did most of your money go? Mortgage
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? 5k Women's Walk
16. What song will always remind you of 2007? Scooby Doo (my ringtone)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? 
b) thinner or fatter? 
c) richer or poorer? Happier, the same, the same
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? laughed, crafts
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? grumbled
20. Did you fall in love in 2007? Everyday
21. What was your favorite TV program? Biggest Loser
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? no one
23. What was the best book you read? Running with Angels
24. What was your greatest musical discovery? Slow down to listen to my Strong Silent Mysterious Man play his guitar, I forget to stop and listen sometimes, but it totally makes me happy.
25. What did you want and get? a puppy
26. What did you want and not get? skinny, ability to play the piano
27. What was your favorite film of this year? National Treasure
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 42-Joe's Crab Shack
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Payoff more debt
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? Sad, jeans and sweatshirts/tshirts aren't really a style are they?
31. What kept you sane? Faith, blogging, phone calls with my Sis
That wasn't as hard as I thought, but I definitely have room for improvement for 2008!! No time like the present to get started huh!

1 comment:

patsy said...

This was a great list- I don't know why I didn't see it there before-
I have never been to Joe's crab shack- it looks like such a fun place.
I read running with angels- it was so good!
I want to be more creative this year. I think of things I want to do then...
That is the problem, I guess, life takes over.
I am glad you got your new puppy.
Last week I bought trent a little 100 piece puzzle of two lab puppies (blonde & chocolate) we call them Beth's dogs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails