Search This Blog

Friday, November 16, 2007

A Hunting he will go...

My Strong Silent Mysterious Man left this morning at 4:45am to go hunting again. The first trip out I made him a big bag of food, and a thermos filled with hot cocoa... my vision was of him hunkerd down in the woods wet and cold watching for critters.

As it turned out, he came home with the same thermos still filled to the brim... he had climbed up and down so many mountains, that he was plenty warm and did not need hot cocoa.

So that got me off the hook from making hot cocoa this morning at 4am... and it takes away the "he might be freezing in the cold" worry element out of the picture for at least this trip for me.

Now I almost want him to get a critter, contrary to my wishes on the 1st trip out... just so he will be done and not need to go out again. But I suppose that is a very selfish wish, since he seems to really enjoy it! Apparently there is some kind of adrenaline rush from going out and trekking through the woods searching to kill the parents of some innocent unsuspecting critter. I have some practice being the wife of a hunter.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails