Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Creative SIL ~ Idea for Camera Strap...

A few years ago, my in-laws gave all their children new digital cameras... it was such an awesome gift. And we have loved ours so much!

When any of us are together... these things are identical, so I tied a ribbon onto my strap so I would know which one was mine. It was ugly, but served the purpose.

My creative SIL gave me the idea to sew a ribbon on the strap... they come in the same width, and if you use the right color thread on the top, and black on the bobbin... hers looked like she bought it that way.

So after about 7 trips through various stores looking for just the right ribbon... you know it couldn't be too girlie for when my man takes the camera to camp. But it had to fit our personalities... not to trendy, but a pallet of colors that fit our family, and definitely not frumpy. There were sooooo many ribbons out there, it has taken me months to find the right one. Then a few more months, to actually get around to the project.

This is the old "ID"... the ragged ribbon tied around the strap.

I am not a sewer... so this is what I really wanted to use to attach the new ribbon....

Or even this...

I knew those wouldn't provide the same results, so I pulled out this bad boy...

It was hard to take a picture of it... but it turned out great!
Thanks for the super great idea Sis!!

3 comments:

patsy said...

Great Job! Who says you're not a sewer?? I love the ribbon!

PaD said...

Looks really good Beth. The old sewing machine is still going. It sure was a good one. The ribbon is just the right color for you guys.

Beth said...

Yes, that bad boy machine is still a good one... it's heavy, but it works fabulous!

I found sooo many cute ribbons, plaids, and polka dots... we were more stripes (they seem more masculine to me) and the black and white and grey with just a touch of blue were not too feminine color choices, but the fact that it is baby blue gave me just enough femininity for me! It took FOREVER to pick it out... I don't shop well alone, I need a partner in crime to go with me. It was a fun project, I was happy to finally get around to, I have wanted to do it ever since Patz showed me hers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails