Search This Blog

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sunday Best...

Just a quick post today since I haven't been on for a few days, but I don't want to spend much time on it today, since it is Sunday. I have really been enjoying the boys being back home from boys camp. And that time was much more precious than blogging... but I can't wait to post their pictures and write some notes about their trip tomorrow.

This morning Jim asked me if a shirt he had out to wear to church was okay... it was a plaid button down shirt, nice, but not super dressy. So I just told him, the Lord would probably want his "Sunday Best".

It was weird, I don't know exactly where it came from, but I think I remember my Grandmother saying something like that when we were little.

Later it was almost time to leave for church, and he asked if his face was too scruffy. He had a little grow in from not shaving, and I just told him he would have to do what he felt good about, but to just ask himself if it was his "Sunday Best" he was giving the Lord. He didn't say anything he just went in and shaved.

After our services, Jacob and his friends were gathered in the hall talking about their 50 mile hike trip tomorrow morning, and they all wanted to sleep over at the leaders house with his son so they didn't have to get up so early. Some of us Mom's were there, and got sucked into their excitement and nixed the 2 o'clock meeting, but might have been ok with the 9 o'clock hour to go over there. Then Jim walked up and heard all the commotion and immediately told Jacob NO. He reminded our family on the block drive home, that it was Sunday and that was not appropriate, we never left for overnight camp trips to start on Sunday night, and we weren't going to start today. He later cornered me in the closet while we were changing clothes and asked if I had given permission before he got there. I was so busted.

I love my husband, he tries so hard to do the right things in the eyes of the Lord and he gives me so much strength when I am weak. I am so grateful he listens to the Lord when we are prompted as parents in our decision making.

God is Good!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails