Search This Blog

Monday, July 16, 2007

Early to Rise...


(yes Jacob, in the blue shirt, is almost as tall as all the leaders now)

Jacob and his Quorum met at 5:30am this morning to head out on their 50 mile hike this week. The good news is there were 6 boys ~ and 5 adults were going with them. I know how much of a sacrifice it is for these Dad's and I really appreciate the time they are taking. This trip will be one they won't ever forget. Strangely I am not too worried about Jacob, he still makes me wonder at times if his head is connected, but other times, he seems to be able to handle himself. I talked to a past Bishop that was up with them last week and he said Jacob will have no problem on the 50 miler. He was very confident in his abilities, so that helped me feel better.

On a note from last weeks campout, I heard all kinds of funny stories. Some didn't help the worry process as a Mom left behind, most of them were the "you had to be there" kind of stories. But it sounded like they all had a great time!

Here are a few pictures...

This was the day they all left...


Releasing trapped up energy before the car ride...
(boys are more silly than girls)



Jim in the middle and Jacob on the right.



Jacob in the center with the grey shorts, Jim behind him.



... the lake looked so beautiful!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails