Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Senior Pics...

We went out for another senior picture shoot... only this time I didn't have anyone to direct Jacob in his poses for me.
I will admit I am not good at giving directions behind the lens, but he is even worse at taking them. And he brought with him some very specific ideas about what kinds of shots he wanted, since this shoot was at the golf course.

I am sure these premeditated ideas came from some high end golf shots of Tiger Woods he had seen in a magazine somewhere... so no pressure on amature Mom or anything.


These are some of the ones that didn't turn out, because if we decide to use the good ones he didn't want me posting any previews of them on my blog! He is so bossy!

This one didn't turn out either, but I really wanted to have it in my journal that the teenager does still know how to laugh with me! I question if his laughing box was replaced in the middle of the night one night with a snarl o meter that is set on automatic talk back. So this is proof... the laughing box is still in there!
These were interesting shots... he tells me I have to lay on the ground and "take one for the team"!!
.
What does that mean? I questioned... But I did it, and kept clicking away while he sprayed me with sand shots.

He kept complaining I wasn't capturing the spray of the sand right... I think he just liked taking shots at me. I am still feeling grit in my teeth and finding sand in my scalp.

.

I hope this isn't the sand they use to fill in the holes that has grass seed through it... I could wake up looking like a chia pet.
.
It was fun to go out with him on his turf and try and meld our two worlds of photography and golf together... and fun to see him smile and laugh again. I am so grateful he is letting me take lots of pictures this year. We still have a few more photo sessions to go. I want fall leaves and snow scenes before he graduates!
.
It will be fun, if we don't kill each other in the process! I do understand why Mom's hire professionals for this job. But I am up for the challenge!

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

Great pics!!! Love the sihloutte of him golfing! I cannot believe how much he has grown since the 1st time I met you! I don't want my boys to grow that fast.

Panda said...

If these are the "bad" pictures I can't wait to see the good ones. WOW they are awesome. I too love the sihloutte and the sun hits just right I think.
Great job Beth and teenager. *giggle*

Unknown said...

I LOVE the Sihloutte picture! YOu are doing a great job! Oh the things we do for our kiddos, (like getting dirt chipped at us while laying in front of a swinging club!) We must love them huh. :)
Ps hows running going?

Kristi M. said...

I love the sunburst in the one shot. Great job on that one. Do you have a photoshop type program? If you don't or don't want to do it I would love to mess around with some of your shots in there...like the one where he is squatting down. I have a friend that has taken a ton of senior portraits lately and the editing (I learned) is where it all comes together. Awesome job!

Beth said...

Thanks guys!

Kristi... I don't have a good editing program, just the free ones like Picasa for basic cropping etc.
I agree I think it's all in the editing these days, if you have a good shot to start with. I still have lots to learn.
I would love to send you some of our favorite ones and see if you could touch them up in photoshop! So cool!!

Donna Lynn said...

If these were the bad ones,I can't wait to see the good ones. Great job!

She Loves To Make said...

These photos turned out great! Can't wait to see the "real" ones! You sure are a good sport for taking photos while sand was flying at you haha. Great, great job on these!

Related Posts with Thumbnails