Search This Blog

Thursday, August 13, 2009

"The bluest skies you'll ever see are in Seattle"...

Lynn picked up a van we could all fit it to do our sightseeing Wednesday.

At first I was a little fearful with her crazy driving skills being adapted to a 15 passenger bus... but she did a great job! And it was so fun to see everything together instead of having to take 2 cars downtown.





I love the buildings downtown... flying through with our skilled bus driver behind the wheel that can get from one end of downtown to the other in rush hour traffic in 60 seconds... it made it difficult for photo opportunities... but I did the best I could.

Kind of ironic that this great building is also the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory....he he he.

Home of the Mariners!

The bluest skies you'll ever see are in Seattle!

(a song from and old western tv show "here come the brides"... so true, not frequent, but when you do see them through the clouds, they are the bluest)



I resisted, but it was hard... chocolate covered twinkies!!!



How about caramel dipped marshmallows?


These were the most georgous strawberries... what an art, and they were huge (so was the price, so I just got photos of them.)



The gang at Starbucks...

The entertainment outside of Starbucks... yes that is a stainless steel bass, and yes she is playing a saw... they were so fun and entertaining, and their voices blended beautifully!



Then into my favorite part... I think the market will never get old for me.

The tie dye... this is for you Ralph!


We saw some neat things in tie dye and batik... so fun!


We did get to stop and eat lunch at the narrowest restaurant perched on the back side of the market I have ever seen. It was long and narrow, just wide enough for a row of tables and an isled... that tapered up and followed the hillside, and the kitchen was at the highest point, just as narrow... but with the best view, and they managed to cook the most amazing chinese food!


The older mom was serving the food and taking our orders, and the son was in the top of the narrow kitchen creating the wonderful food... she didn't think he would let us go up and get his picture, but where could he go when we walked in we blocked the way out and he agreed to let us get his picture... the neatest place, and clean. I don't know why I had never seen it there before.


One of my favorite parts of the market... the flowers...



We got to see Seattle from the harbor this time... so beautiful!



The skyline from this side is very different...


A really good time was had by all!!

1 comment:

PaD said...

I love Pike's Place Market. Their coconut macaroons are my favorite.

Related Posts with Thumbnails