Search This Blog

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Home on the range...

I don't think Jacob feels anymore comfortable anywhere than he does on the golf range. I love his confidence on the course. He will go out and golf by himself, join in with anyone playing if they have an open spot. He loves the game, and in this setting he can relate to people.
.
This is huge because at almost 17 I often feel like a big failure as a mother because he is so awkward on the telephone. I guess he is a man of few words, so just like his Dad, phones are not his thing. I even spotted him on IM the other day with a friend... and it was almost as painful to read... they ask questions and he answers; yes, no, or maybe. That's pretty much it. Wow!
.
But on the golf course he will come home after playing in a group with total strangers and can probably tell me more about them, than they knew about themselves. So cool!
.
So earlier this week I had an opportunity to go out and walk the course while he and his Dad played 9 holes. I was hesitant, because the last time I did this they were being mean to each other and it made me not ever want to learn to play golf... but this time they were nice.
.
There are sooo many things that Jacob is JUST like his Dad... but he must have gotten his golf swing from his mother...

This is Jacob's follow through...



This is Jim's... we giggle at him all nine holes.

What is really funny, is that he is a decent golfer, but just has a hilarious form and style. He is the one that is good at everything he does, especially athletics... so golf is more challenging mentally for him because Jacob passed him up a long time ago, with not too much effort! I guess the kid got the "midas touch" thing from his Dad too! Lucky!!

Jim was just supposed to come and be the caddy... but Jacob tells him "here old man, I got those" as he grabs the clubs from him.

It must have been a rougher winter than I thought... this is the picture I took last year on June 3rd of the "hugging trees".
This was taken on June 2nd this year... apparently his better half didn't make it through the winter, he is a lonely widowed hugging tree now.

It was a fun evening and a nice walk on the course.
And this time... a good time WAS had by all!

2 comments:

PaD said...

Great pictures Beth. We leave tomorrow for Nauvoo. We'll be gone for a little over 2 weeks unless we get tired of being gone.

Jacob looks like he's grown tremendously since I saw him last. It's been about 2 years now. Take care and hopefully we'll see you all some time this year. Love Mom D

She Loves To Make said...

I do think those two look a lot alike. I think it's awesome he has a hobby that he can enjoy and do well in!

Related Posts with Thumbnails