Search This Blog

Friday, May 8, 2009

Simple things in life...

I have been working more in my office at home this past week. And was pleasantly reminded of one of my favorite things about my view outside.




This little old man that walks up our street almost everyday (some days twice) when the weather turns sunny. He comes to the pole across from my window... touches it, rests on his walking stick, and then makes the trek back to his home at the assisted living home. He is diligent, and has so much purpose in his step. But he is careful and slow making the journey.
.
I don't know his story, but I imagine he was active in his day and can appreciate a good hard days work. He must know and value the blessings of good health. And I bet he has many stories and experiences in his life that have brought him to develop this pattern of walking.
.
It just reminds me that I need to take time in my own life for the simple things.
Taking time to care for myself, to smell the roses along the way, develop patterns that will lead down the correct paths in life.
And to cherish each moment.

1 comment:

AAD said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails