Search This Blog

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Too much excitement in one day...

Yesterday was just too much excitement packed into one day for me...
.
My strong silent mysterious man made it home from his work trip out of town! Exciting, but he didn't tell me he was actually coming home, so I had thawed out and made dinner that was one of his least favorite dishes, so the teenager could eat it up and he wouldn't have to endure it since he was gone. So when he came in and smelled something yummy cooking, all ready for a home cooked meal... he was pretty sad to learn what I had made.
It's his own fault for not calling me!
(I made up some mashed potatoes and gravy, and threw on some meat... so he was really happy with that... he is easy to please that way)
It was really exciting to have him back home again... just ask my crazy dogs who would not leave him alone all night, I could barely get in-between them for my own hugs!
I went to see Katie and got my hair cut! Looked so cute yesterday, but today after I washed it... it feels short and I have no idea how I will pull it together for a big church meeting tonight... uggg.
How does she make it look so cute?
(and then there is the ugly cold sore remnants... still not healed up... double ugggg)
.
And to top off my excitement for the day, I went over to our wards young women mutual activity... they are sewing 100 dresses (it goes along with a really cute story) for a charitable service project before camp; to help out... and I use the term "help" very lightly... I was a warm body to encourage and cheer them along; while asking as many questions as they had; but I had a sewing machine they could use, so I was not a total speed bump in the road.
.
With my recent pajama pant project, I was just barely a step ahead of where I was last week, but just barely! In the process, a life long fear of sewing over my finger brought nightmares all week, leaving me sleep deprived.
.
Then my biggest fear was realized through one of the girls when I heard she had sewn over her finger (I almost can't even type it... feeling queezy and light headed thinking about it... CRINGING!!!!). Luckily, she was behind me and there were leaders around her to scoop her right up and take her out to take care of her. They got the needle out and put her back to work... because 99 dresses just wouldn't fly!
Tee hee... just kidding, we had some doctors close by in our ward, so she got really good care, and came back on her own to "get back on the horse"... she was mostly worried if she would be able to pole vault in her track meet today.
.
I can't wait to see what is in store for today.... it's national "Take a Chance" Day!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

ewww... sewing over your finger makes me cringe too... I had never thought about that until now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails