Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

In the hands of God...

I have no idea what this is about...
Probably the teenager when we were in the doctors office the other day...
We saw a squirrel right outside the window, looking in at us. He was freakishly NOT afraid of us.
So I had my camera out and took a picture of him.

I am guessing in his boredom waiting for the doctor to do the final xray on his hand (which turned out perfect.... yeah!), the teenager was goofing around and got the nice shot of his eyeball. Quite a self portrait.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was driving into town yesterday and came up over the hill and saw this...

... the sunshine glistening over the lake.
It has been so foggy here the past few days, it was very refreshing to see the sun glisten on anything, but on the water, it was so beautiful.
.
It made me stop for just a moment and think of the beauty all around us.
It's Gods hands... well this lake was man-made, but the glistening sun... that is for sure God's work. I am amazed that we miss so much when we are in the hustle and bustle. And these things can speak volumes to us when we are still and quiet.
.
Today the boys are both gone working, and I am going to try and get things in order and have my home feeling like a place the Lord would want to come visit on Thanksgiving, clean, warm and inviting. I will try and think of Him and put on nice music and have a loving spirit in my heart today and just cherish this day.
.
I love Jesus!
I am so grateful for His Atoning example to me.
I am thankful for His grace in my life, to help me want to BE better.
I am thankful for the opportunity to learn more about His life.
I am so grateful for my family and that we can be together forever.
I am grateful for my faith, and the peace it brings to me.
I love God!

1 comment:

patsy said...

Okay- I laughed out loud at that squirrel pic! so funny & kind of scary, yes.
That photo of the lake- STUNNING

Great post!
I hope you have a fantastic thanksgiving. This is our firt year just us- weird- but we're making it fun- if it kills us. JK

Related Posts with Thumbnails