Search This Blog

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Hunting...

Today, Saturday after Thanksgiving... my strong silent mysterious man goes out for one last try at Bambi.
.
He takes the teenagers bow, as his is in desperate need of repair... the good news we found out the new cam for his bow will only be $40 to replace. Whew!
.
He is up and gone at 3:15am... I think he has more determination today than ever.
.
9am we get a phone call from the top of the mountain...
"I got him! I got a two point... WHAT A RUSH!!!!"
I have never heard him so excited since the teenager was born.
.
He goes on and explains, when he hit him the 1st time, it was a perfect kill shot (you really want that so they don't bleed and suffer, or worse get away injured... that is my biggest fear) and he went right down were he shot him. Then when he hiked over to him, he could see coming up on him, he was still breathing... so he knocked up another arrow... when he came upon him, he made the final shot to take him out, and he got up and ran!!!
.
He went about 150 yards and dropped dead!
He said he was about 40 yards from our rig... it was perfect, he couldn't even ask for anything better.
.
I had tears in my eyes, I wanted him to have a good experience, but as sad as it is to kill them... I really wanted the deer to go quickly. I guess if they don't you have to slit their throat... I just didn't want to hear about him having to do any of that. I was so happy for him. Now, he said the work begins. And his buddy still wants to get one too. So he had to go!
.
The teenager and I hung up and looked at each other... he said "I am so happy for Dad, he sounds really happy". "I guess deer meat for dinner, huh Mom?"
.
We laughed!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails