Search This Blog

Thursday, October 9, 2008

The talk... roles reversed!

Last night after family prayer, the teenager looked at me all serious and said

"Mom, there was a funny smell in the house when I got home from school today" ... (pause)... "it smelled like cigarettes"!!!
.
I thought I had the smell out of the house pretty good, but I guess there was still too much residual. I was busted! I had to confess to the teenager I had been smoking... the oven!
.
He looked so relieved when I told him! Poor kid, I asked him if he was kind of stressed out thinking all afternoon that I might have been smoking... he said "yes, very stressed, I was afraid to bring it up, and afraid not to bring it up".

I said that's how a parent feels about their kids!
.
My first clue should have been my burning eyes when I went to bed, and my next clue might have been the dog puking all night. So today I will be airing out the house again... but my biggest problem now is that it is 34 degrees outside! It's supposed to snow this weekend.
I am not quite ready for fall to be gone yet... my leaves haven't even all dropped. YIKES!
.
But at least my oven is clean!!!!

1 comment:

She Loves To Make said...

haha oh geez! Reading the beginning of this post I was thinking you started smoking haha! That is so sweet of Jake to ask you so sincerely about it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails