Search This Blog

Monday, October 6, 2008

Conference Weekend...

I really really loved conference weekend.
Something I finally learned after failing at it over the past 8 years, was to plan out a menu for the entire weekend, have the right foods in the house, and write the menu on the white board on the refrigerator complete with available snacks; so food would be a no brainer all weekend and I wouldn't have to rush out and grab anything and try and get back in time for the next session.
It worked marvelously! The only problem, I ate way too much trying to stay on schedule!
(I have to learn to go with the flow better).

I got some really good ideas last month while I was out visiting teaching, that I didn't have to be totally non-productive all weekend either. So I lined out some quiet projects I could work on while watching conference (maybe too many, because I got all hung up on just one and didn't get around to anything else).
This was my card making station... all layed out over the table in front of the tv.

I had so much fun, and got lots of cards made up! I had some sewing projects too, but those are harder, so I was dreading them, and this was just fun and once I got going I didn't have to use my brain power too much.

My only worries was trying to keep the puppy tails from knocking everything off into the floor (note to self, next year do this on the big table away from the doggies).

Finally, the rowdy puppy (Taylor) settled in for her conference nap... all wrapped around the teenagers legs of course, so if he happened to move, she could wake up and get him to go play with her. It was a fabulous weekend; and very uplifting. I love, love, loved Sister Daltons message to the youth! She is awesome!

A good time was had by all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm really, really glad you had card weekend. They are my favorite gift...hint, hint. By the way...you know the card you do of Mt Rainier. Could you send me a card with just the picture so I can frame it for Kathy. She loves Mt Rainier and Snoqualmie Falls. At her last job they called her Princess Issaquah. Somehow the story got mixed up and she had Princess Issaquah jumping off Snoqualmie Falls as a sacrifice for her people. It's a great story but I'm not sure how true. Love ya.

Related Posts with Thumbnails