Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Strong Silent Mysterious Mans job...

This past weekend... My Strong Silent Mysterious Man went into his work, to catch up on a few things before Monday, and the "crazy busy" started all over again, not leaving him time to catch up... so I went along for the ride (you know; hoping for some meaningful alone time with him to talk about deep stuff).

We drove up and it was empty and deserted as he had expected... these big ol' tin buildings are creepy when they are empty!
They work on some humongous motors and pumps... some won't even fit inside the building... it just boggles my mind.
It was pretty cool to watch him balance this "thingy", I think it was called a shaft.

I made him tell explain and tell me what he was doing and what it all meant.

(pretty sure I won't get invited to go again)

Oh and this contraption, kind of intimidating huh... just don't touch the red button right?


He has a desk now... you know all the big shots get a desk, and have to do paperwork. It's still pretty clean and organized... but just give him a little time... I peaked into the top of his tool box, he hasn't changed too much. I was impressed he got a window... prime real estate in most offices!

The big shots have to push brooms now and then too!

I was also impressed with all the cute signage over the doorways so you don't get lost or wander around where you don't belong! I'm sure this comes in handy... there is definitely a woman around here somewhere!

When we left the house, we left Taylor out of her kennel so she can learn how to "guard" with Morgan. She is still just a puppy, so of course we put away all the shoes, and hid the flickers, and picked up everything off the floor that might be a temptation!

But when we got home, someone had left the pantry door open, and "someone" had eaten all the doggie treats and the packages they came in!

My Strong Silent Mysterious Man had a talk with all the suspects, and the guilty always give themselves away at our house (we are really lucky that way... even Morgan and the teenager).

So Taylor was a dead give away with the closed eyes, she could have held out a little longer, he wasn't even yelling at her!

Who could be too mad at a face like this... after all, so tempting, the entire pantry! We were probably really lucky the treats were the only thing she got into!! For Real!!!

2 comments:

M said...

His work reminds me of my work!

Lindsey said...

I have a friend who works in the same office as Jim. She always has real nice things to say about him!

Related Posts with Thumbnails