Search This Blog

Monday, August 18, 2008

Fun filled weekend...

Friday afternoon a friend and I went to see Mamma Mia.
I loved it!

So fun, a few naughty parts they could have just left out.. but such a fun, toe tapping movie.
And for the most part followed the musical with a few more details thrown in.

The cast was amazing!!! I love Meryl Streep. And when Pierce Brosnan busted out singing SOS, it was weird at first, but his eyes just pull you into believing every word. Oooo la la! He is a cutie pie! Also, that little Amanda Seyfried who played Sophie was so adorable... what a cute girl, she did a great job, and I loved her.

Of course I loved the music the most... I felt like dancing all weekend.

I just heard this week on the radio, that on July 24, 2008, the album topped for the first time the US Top Pop Albums charts being ABBA's first #1 ever in any one of Billboard's Album charts. It had only made it to #17 when it was originally released. I know they didn't tour much in the U.S. to promote their albums... but so interesting that the movie has helped launch it to the top so fast.

Fun and entertaining... we had a blast watching this movie.

---------------------------------------

Then Saturday after meetings and chores blah blah blah, some friends who had moved away last year, were back in town and stopped by! How fun to see them and catch up!!

______________________________________________________

Then the boys wanted to have a family outing, so we decided to go see a movie and chose this...

We all really liked it! It was my 1st 3D movie, so that in itself kept you entertained.

But it was new and different, not too Sci Fi for me, but enough to keep my strong silent mysterious man there until the end. If you like real to life stuff this wouldn't hit the mark, but for the entertainment value we loved it!!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday was a quiet reflective day. A ward missionary came by our house to check up on our family mission plan. It it always a good to keep in the forefront of my mind, to be sharing my knowledge and joy of the gospel with everyone I know. I am slowly beginning to learn to do this in my own way. I never did enjoy getting into religion discussion with anyone, but I will be forever grateful to missionaries who were willing to serve and follow promptings to come to my house and teach me what they knew and loved and gave them joy in their lives. It was never awkward and I always enjoyed every discussion and learned and felt so much. I would want to be able to share and teach everyone I love in the same way. I can not imagine my life without the Gospel now! What joy and peace it gives me!

.

But they gave me opportunity to learn it for myself. And at the time, it was right for me, and I was in a place to hear it and accept it and receive my own testimony of the words I was taught.

.

I hope that I will know and find those whom I love at the right time when they are ready to learn and know and love it in their own process, and that I will be able to share what I have come to know to give them the opportunity to learn for themselves.

.

I know I will have to continue to keep the commandments and keep living in a way that I know God would be able to use me as a tool, when those opportunities come along.

I love that he knows us so well, he often does use us in that way.

I know I am not perfect, but I hope I never let him down!

3 comments:

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

Sounds like a great weekend... I want to see Mamma Mia so bad!

M said...

Oh I miss being a missionary and coming over to your house. You guys are so awesome to the missionaries!

patsy said...

I loved mama mia- yes it definately had some naughty parts- why? why? do they have to do that??? hailey & chloe would've loved it - but no

Related Posts with Thumbnails