Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

County Fair...

I took some time off to go to the fair with a friend Tuesday.

I couldn't get my boys to go, they just aren't big on fairs... and going with a girlfriend I could go see all the things I really wanted to see with any whining about "the animals stink", or "when will we get to the rides", or "your not really going to eat that are you?"
Yes, something to be said about having free reign at the fair! he he he


In all seriousness, I would have liked to experience it with my boys... I thought about them all day, and saw many many things they would have enjoyed if they would have been there.

I was a little bit nervous about having high expectations at the fair, since I grew up around one of the best fairs in the northwest....... "Do you do the Puyallup"!!!!

But I was sure these Idaho cowboys and farmers could come together and put on something spectacular!



Okay, This is some serious camping... really can you even call it camping anymore in this contraption?
Oh the babies are my favorite!!!
What could they possibly be thinking when they are thrown into such a crazy environment, when they just want to be with their mama's!
My next favorite is the babies looking at the babies!
(I love the hands plastered up against the glass)

This chicken and her doo made me not so self conscious about having a bad hair day!

Its all in the attitude right! I just had to laugh, these girls definitely need Katies phone number.
Really cool sting ray exhibit, they even let you pet them... notice I didn't post a photo with my fingers in the water. No desire to pet a stingray, but they were cool none the less.
I'll admit, I just wanted to open the cage and let him free.
He should be home on the range... not being gaulked at in a cage at the fair!

On the range he is big and bad, but in a small cage, this is just awkward.

Some elements at the fair I should have just skipped, I worried for too long about how he would get his head and horns back through the fence.
I am such a worry wart!
I got over it after I saw all these guys coming out for food... they obviously know how to work the system!
More babies... and sleeping babies are even cuter!!
I would be on my knees praying about what to do with these unruly horns if I were him too.

My hair does this some days, it's just not fun!

The African Acrobats, fun music, and they did some crazy stunts!
I like to go through all the exhibits too, the photography and painting are fun to go vote for the peoples choice for the day. It was hard to pick a favorite, there was so much amazing talent, but I think it would be cool to get some recognition if I had something on display at the fair.

This won "best in show" for the hand made crafts... it was beautifully crafted! Of course I thought of My Strong Silent Mysterious Man... he would have loved this!

The wood was amazing!

I ran into three associates that belong to an association I do work for. They were working a booth at the fair... if you can call this working! I think they were having way too much fun grubbing on their Fred Flintstone Turkey Legs, if you ask me.

I didn't meet Big Bubba, but I loved his sign, and the boys said his smoked turkey legs were awesome! I've never met a smoked meat I didn't love!

Me and and my friend Janice, it was a really fun girls day at the fair!

4 comments:

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

I love all the animal pictures... I have been hearing about the Puyallup fair on the radio and I am tempted to take Cole and go... I have been wanting to try a funnel cake!

Beth said...

Aimee,

Go go go... Do the Puyallup!

It is the best fair... lots and lots for the little ones to do too! The petting zoo, little rides, little crafts, even in the agriculture booths you can get free coloring books and they used to have tons of hands on stuff for the little kids every where!

If you watch the local grocery stores usually have ads for coupons off to get into the fair.

So fun! I love the animals too!!

M said...

I love your sunglasses Wayfarer's are the way to go! Oh and that guitar looked gorgeous

Lindsey said...

Looks like you had fun!! We are going to battle the crowd on Saturday.

Related Posts with Thumbnails