Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Teenager takes his driving test...

Today was the day... the teenager was going to take his drivers test to get his license.
So I took the car and got it washed... it was just too hot outside for me to go out and wash it myself. I totally melt in this heat! I know... wimpy!
But hey, for $4 bucks... I am all for the car wash... plus I love the inside of car washes, they are just too cool, and I get a kick!

So with a nice shiny clean car... I take him to meet the tester dude...

And he does the standard inspection on the car...

And checks all the blinkers and lights... whew... we passed that part...

(that would have been a huge bummer, if he couldn't take the test because of MY car)

I was soooooo nervous for him. I didn't know I would get that nervous, but while I was waiting inside a little fast food restaurant while he took the test, I thought I would throw up, I was that nervous. My heart was in my throat and beating a hundred miles a minute!!!

It really surprised me HOW nervous I really was for him. I just wanted so badly for him to pass the first time.

So here I am video taping him leaving the parking lot with the tester dude.... and praying and praying he does well and is NOT as nervous as I am for him....


They were supposed to be gone for 25 min... and showed back up in 15 min.

What did that mean? I couldn't tell by the look on either of their faces when they were walking in.

Then the tester dude, starts asking me about South Carolina and what part I am from, and proceeds to tell me about his recent trip to Hilton Head Island.

It was torture... but then finally shares with me the teenager passed with a 97%!!!

Yippee!!!! I was thrilled for him.

I have not had too many people turn me down when I ask for pictures to document the moment... so even though I knew it would embarrass the teenager to death... I asked. He said "this is a first, I have seen allot of things testing new drivers, but never been asked for my photo at the end"! He even seemed a little honored to oblige!


5 comments:

M said...

congrats Jake!!!

Anonymous said...

Go Jacob... Go Jacob... Enjoy the moment!

Now the fun part... insurance payments.

Rachel Ann said...

Hooray Jacob!!!!! That is fantastic!!!!

I just can't believe that he is that old! When did we grow up?

PaD said...

Fantastic Jacob and Great going Beth you made it thru it. I'm glad you both made it thru it.

patsy said...

Woo Hoo!! You both made it- great job jake-

Related Posts with Thumbnails