Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I will, attitude...


Our Theme for Girls Camp this year... should be an inspiration for me this week! As I am getting ready for camp, making sure all the final details are in place (which they never are!), getting the teenager ready for his summer trip to Seattle to see his grandparents, finishing up the piles of work I have to do before I can be gone for a week to camp, and keeping up with the regular schedule at home...

I will! That would be a great attitude to have right now!

However, It feels much more like the less spiritual part of the theme, and I am running an Olympic Marathon, just enduring to finish the race... only I can't see the finish line!

The school board voted to change the 1st day of school to August 13th... and I have so much to fit into our summer before school starts back, it was an insane change to our schedules and I don't know how I will get it all done in time! So that is part of why I am feeling like an Olympian minus all the training and support of coaches!!

Since the teenager will be leaving for Seattle on Friday, I will be at camp the following week and he will be gone at scout camp the week after that... my entire summer list of things with him just about has to be done between now and Friday... and it's already Tuesday!!!
  • Teenagers dentist appointment
  • Prod the teenager into getting his drivers license before Friday (Dad's request so he will have another driver while I am gone to camp)
  • Finish all the mounds of paperwork to complete our identity theft fraud claim (oh yeah did I include in the midst of my life, as careful as I am with identity issues, we have had someone break into our bank account and credit card and take money).
  • Golf tournament
  • Golf Lesson
  • Camp meetings
  • Dog Obedience Class, and 2-30min practice sessions everyday to be ready for the class
  • Find a hard case golf bag for the teenager
  • Laundry
  • Work my 4 part-time jobs
  • Schedule Roto Rooter to clean out around our irrigation pump.
  • Groceries
  • Buy Dog Food

I am blaming it all on the school district! We will just have too short of a summer this year, and it was decided too late in the year for anyone to do much about it, or make plans around it. I have to blame someone, and since they do not defend themselves... easy target!!!

I am sure it will all fall in place! Somehow!!!! But it sure makes it hard to stop and smell the roses along the way! I don't know how any mother can do all this with more than one child. God sure knew what he was doing with me! If I had to add to my list the needs of 4 or 5 more children I would drown in lists! And there surely wouldn't be much smelling of the roses!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I read the rings before the rest of your blog or I would have said it can't be done. But I think if you do the rings everything will fall into place...you will realize the priorities, drop the things that are nice but not necessary and pace yourself so that life and not the finish are important. Easy to say in Seattle without dogs, husband, and child standing there looking at me. Did I mention meals and laundry? Just send the kid with dirty laundry and I can handle that for you. Remember to delegate. We are here for you.

Beth said...

Thanks for the support Sis!

PaD said...

Did you have some dealings with the travel company there? I head someone else say after they had gone thru them they had their accounts invaded.

Related Posts with Thumbnails