Search This Blog

Monday, July 7, 2008

1 Year Blogaversary!

Wow! I can't believe it has been a year since I started my blog!
-
In the beginning I was really excited, but also afraid... I wanted to begin something creative that I could use to keep my family linked to us without pushing it on them.
But nervous that I wouldn't be able to keep it going.
-
I guess I made it a year, and now I am hooked. Here are some things I have learned over the past year as I blogged.
-
I love that I have a journal of the things that have happened over the past year, and I hope to get it printed into a book for my birthday each year!
-
I have dipped my toe into SPT's this year, but found I really don't like pictures of myself! (I might regret that later, when I want to see what I looked like without wrinkles and white hair someday, or just want to keep track of all the crazy hair changes I make... so I am trying to "get over it").
-
I like having deep thoughts, even if I don't always know what they mean... sometimes it was fun just to talk through them.
-
I have loved reading family and friends blogs, but found out that I could spend so much time out there searching blogs that I get over whelmed and days on end can go by before I can tear myself away, so I just stick to family and friends now... I stay away from searching other blogs... it's way wayyyyyy too addicting! So I pick and choose where I go blog reading very carefully.
-
I found I love cooking blogs as much as I love cooking shows.
-
I love to take pictures, but my picture taking has changed and I think more about the story than the pictures now.
-
I really like having days with nothing pressing on the calendar, but they are hard to blog about.
-
I have worked very hard at not just blogging the good and happy things, but tried to be real about what I blog... I want it to be a journal I can come back to and learn and grow from my mistakes too.
-
I found out that I am more sarcastic and negative than I thought I was and I really don't know where I got that from, my family is not that way.
-
A year goes by really really fast, and I hope I have kept enough memories with my teenager that will comfort me when he leaves home. (I might have to get more dogs).
-
My Strong Silent Mysterious Man lets me take his picture more often than I thought he did.
-
I hope I have as many pictures of me with my teenager, as I do of him with his Dad.
-
I have been more thoughtful at keeping goals of taking better care of myself, serving others, doing something creative on a regular basis since I have had my blog to keep me accountable.
-
I have gotten way better at self portraits and can even get in a sign in the background now!
-
I wish my Strong Silent Mysterious Man would read my blog, it would be a neat way to show him what I am thinking without flooding him with all that talk, he gets tired of hearing me talk all the time.
-
I sometimes wish I was more Strong Silent and Mysterious and didn't wear my feelings on my sleeve, but then I might not have much to blog about... a double edged sword.
-
I know that truly have a love for blogging because when anyone asks me about it, I can go on and on and on and on about all the good things that have improved in my life since I have been blogging!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog has been a very important part of my life. Instead of getting a life I just use yours. It's been incredible to share this year with you and your family. I don't feel like life is passing me by. Thanks for taking the time to share so much. LL

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

Happy Blogaversary! I have loved reading your blog over the last year and getting to know more about you...

Related Posts with Thumbnails