Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

My Strong Silent Mysterious Man and I celebrated our original Anniversary date of 16 years. The teenager had gone camping Friday night and was still out Saturday when he asked me if he could take me out in the Z car for a ride on our Anniversary.

Of course I was excited for any quality time together alone with him, so I jumped in, not even thinking about what I was wearing or how I looked.

The tour began through downtown... one of my favorite places in any town, I love the city.
And I got a shot of this car wash... it had the most beautiful landscaping I had ever seen at a car wash before!
This would be JR Simplot's home... and I don't know the whole story, but I understand he donated it to the State of Idaho and moved downtown into a penthouse suite in a downtown apartment building, and this home over looking the city was to be used as the governors mansion... but the current governor is his ex-son in law and his new wife refuses to move into the home because it used to belong to his ex-wife's family...


To each her own... but sorry, I'd move right on in, no problem!


(provided I had someone to mow the lawn, dust and clean all those windows for me)




We were having such a lovely drive...




and then we began to climb in altitude... and the road got really curvy!
Back and forth... and back and forth....
(way curvier than this sign indicates)

Uggggg!


I get so car sick on curvy roads...

But the view was more gorgeous the higher we got...
Awwwww.... I have never been to our local ski resort...
Always wanted to go here... how romantic!!

Well it would have been much more romantic with snow.... but still!!
I was impressed by the thought...
(I impress easily)

So I knew I had to capture this special moment on this special day with a photograph of the two of us... so I set up the camera with the timer on.


And even though I wanted to hide behind him... I was a good sport. I am sure I will be glad I took it, and was in it with him... one day.


When I got it home.... it reminded me of a picture we took with the timer when we were dating... in San Francisco with Alcatraz in the back ground from the top of a building.
I guess he has a history of taking me to the highest point to get the best view!
We definately have changed since then... but I know I am more in love with him than ever... and 16 years ago I never ever thought that would be possible!
(Sounds cheesy, but so true)
Happy Anniversary Baby!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Wow... you two look so young! What a great anniversary day!

patsy said...

Great post!
Happy Anniversary

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

Happy Anniversary! I am so glad that you guys met and you became my aunt... I love you~

Related Posts with Thumbnails