Search This Blog

Friday, June 20, 2008

Fathers Day 2008...

Sunday was Fathers Day and Uncle Fred invited us over to Lucille and Waynes, and Tom and Cathy were coming over along with some of Lucilles family.



We had such a good time visiting...
and the food was amazing... Uncle Fred had grilled some chicken and roast.... yum!
We got to play with the baby... and get to know some of Lucilles grand kids a little better.
One of the boys had served his mission in the southern states and learned to make boiled peanuts!!!!!!!!
OMG ~ They are my favorite in the whole world... I thought I had died and gone to heaven!!
These things really bring back memories from my childhood trips to stay with my grandparents during the summers.
He didn't use green peanuts, but roasted peanuts from Costso... and they were pretty good!
Not quite as squishy, but really yummy!!!
Here is Uncle Tom and Aunt Cathy...
And Aunt Lucille...Peggy and her daughter Brooke... (cooling down a sunburn from the day before)
And Peggy with her husband...

I love being with family, and I miss my family so much. It was a great day, and fun to be with family for Fathers Day.

1 comment:

patsy said...

I love the photos!
I am so glad you did this post. This looks like a lot of fun, boiled peanuts?
what a great time!

Related Posts with Thumbnails