Search This Blog

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Spring Cleaning Bug...

I am trying to get the spring cleaning bug... pulling things out of cupboards and closets we don't use, so we can put it in our yard sale on the 19th.
-
I was on a role in the teenagers room, but have gotten so busy that I have fissled out this week. Or really just haven't had time to focus on it yet.
-
I put a big clear storage bin next to the videos to go through and pull all any we don't watch. But it is so hard, I love movies and love to watch them over and over again. I had a large collection of VHS, but now we are converted to DVD. But I haven't really replaced my VHS tapes. So going through all the old tapes makes me want to watch them again. Let go, let go let go... I know how freeing it is to clean out and let go... this is my opportunity, I am just not getting the bug yet!
-
Hopefully it comes sooner than later.... it's just hard to do by myself.
I need my SISTER!!!
-
Sometimes I am better at these things that others... knowing this about myself is why I chose to throw the yard sale on the calendar and put it in writing to the neighbors. I knew that would lock me in. I knew I would want to back out.
-
I have been known to go months without having someone in my home, because of my terrible procrastination habits, and cleaning almost always falls to the bottom of the list. "I have been meaning to clean that, but life is too short to be caught cleaning". So knowing these things about myself, I will intentionaly, painfully invite someone over... knowing I would die before I would let them in my house without getting caught up on the cleaning. But I LOVE it clean. I am tormented daily by doing things I love, because I hate doing them.
-
It's really a miracle that I get anything accomplished when I face such opposition as a split personality and bipolar tendencies. I don't let it bother me--it just adds depth and complexity.
-
Have you gotten the spring cleaning bug yet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No cleaning bug here!

No surprise!

Related Posts with Thumbnails